Friday, October 10, 2008

It's been Rainy

Well, I missed posting last night. I went out for dinner and didn't have time to do much of anything since we didn't get back to the hotel until almost 10pm. I was beat and still am. Yesterday we went to Bunratty Castle for a tour and then had dinner in the folk park there that night. It was what could be described as a kind of dinner theater. We got dinner and they did a show. It was a bunch of Irish music and Dancing. It was quite interesting. Today I made what I think is my favorite purchase of the trip but you will have to wait to see what it is until I can post a picture when I get home.

Today has been really rainy all day. We went to the Cliffs of Moher but the rain and fog was so heavy that you couldn't see anything. Instead our tour director paid for all of us to see an exhibit they have there about the cliffs. It was nice of him to do that since he didn't have to.

We are currently in Galway for awhile. Of course it is raining. On our way here, we were going through a valley and there was some really heavy flooding. The roads were even flooded. Fortunately, the coach sits high enough, we were able to make it through the water. I know a simple car would not have made it through. I found an internet cafe to be able to post from today cause I really don't know how much free time I am going to have tonight and also it is a good way to stay dry out of the rain. I know today's post is not all that exciting and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I am absolutely exhausted at this point. I am really enjoying my time here and the guided tour is nice cause you don't have to worry about the hassles that come with a driving vacation.

I leave tomorrow afternoon and then get back home late Saturday night. So, this will likely be my last post from Ireland and I will probably not post anything more until Sunday at the earliest. So I will say goodbye for now.

No comments: